I love working as a massage therapist and believe the complementary health field is an important asset in a busy, stressed and often frantic society. My massages offer a chance to step aside and have targeted work to release tense, overworked muscles while taking some time to relax and restore. I especially enjoy working one-to-one with people and helping clients toward their personal goals. Massage is something I love to do, and my diverse approach allows me to find the best treatment for you as an individual.
My qualifications and professional development to date include:
• Aromatherapy and massage diploma (distinction)
• Sports massage diploma
• Level 2 Fitness instructor (gym based)
• Clay facials & product making
• Advanced treatment techniques for the lower body
• Assessment techniques for the upper body
• Advanced treatment techniques for the upper body
• Postural assessment & postural analysis
• Knees & palpation workshop
• Shoulder workshop
• Assessing and treating the neck and thorax
• Advanced certificate in aromatherapy product blending
• Introduction to myofascial release
• Treatment of sports injuries with osteo techniques
• Pregnancy full body and abdomen massage
I believe that every person has individual needs, challenges and goals, and want to help people maintain a healthy balance in life to allow for well being. I strive to give you the treatment you want, tailored to your needs and preferences. I welcome feedback, comments and enquiries. Please do get in touch.
I am a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists
I combine my specialist skills in sports & remedial massage and aromatherapy to offer treatments that are tailored to your preferences and needs on the day. I can give you anything from a gently relaxing, soothing massage to an intensive 'pummelling'. I have developed a useful aroma-sports fusion scale to help you decide what suits you best.
Body and mind - the two are inextricably linked and my aim in massage is to help balance both, believing that a calm mind can help release physical stresses and strains, while release to the body can help the mind to let go and relax
Communication - feedback is hugely important to me, I will base my treatment approach on what you tell me about how you feel before, during and after treatment and will be ready to adapt, alter and refer wherever appropriate
Science meets art - good massage requires some creativity and intuition and my approach is to combine this with a strong foundation in anatomy and physiology to give a strong all-round treatment
Research and learning - I am learning all the time, through reading and research, cpd courses, attending classes and visiting lots of different therapists to learn from and feel how it is to be a client.